This is an update on all of the projects and things I’ve been working on for February and March.
RPG Developer Bakin Assets
I’m ready to finally release my RPG Developer Bakin assets packs again.
Medieval Fantasy Assets Pack
The Medieval Fantasy Assets Pack is something I’ve been working on for awhile now. I deferred the release date several times because of the need for optimization when importing into Bakin. After extensive testing, they’re ready for official release.
- Alchemist Pack Vol. 1 – The Alchemist’s Pack for RPG Developer Bakin is a collection of 50 high-quality 3D models that lets you furnish an alchemist’s house.
- Tavern Terrains Pack Vol. 1 – The Alchemist’s Pack for RPG Developer Bakin is a collection of 50 high-quality 3D models that lets you furnish an alchemist’s house.
Modular Furniture Pack Vol. 1
The Modular Furniture Pack Vol. 1, already available on Itch.io for $6.99, underwent an overhaul with the following updates:
- Optimization of all the models, with improved meshes and textures.
- Correct positioning for the modular parts (some were slightly off-center).
- Additional models to bring the total models up to 50.
- All materials already set up: albedo, normal and mask, and additional shaders (such as glass).
The schedule for the updated pack is February 2021 Q1.
Free Packs at SubscribeStar
For $15+ Tier patrons at SubscribeStar can receive these assets packs, plus extra or exclusive “unique uniques” for free.
By subscribing, not only will you receive some really cool perks, you’ll also help towards one of the ultimate goals of being able to work on game development full time.
Additionally, you’ll have access to exclusive and “beta” assets, games, content, and videos.
For sure, the site is in need of regular updates and, starting in February, I’ll update SubscribeStar more regularly.
RPG Developer Bakin Tutorials
My plans for 2024 are to start publishing Bakin tutorials again. I began work on two new series:
Based on my Smile Game Builder Chest Tutorials, this series is the Bakin version. Think of it as a spiritual successor. Certain things – such as random gold in a chest or combination locks – were not viable in SGB, but they are in Bakin.
This post on X (formerly known as Twitter) gives an idea of the series contents:
The other tutorials series is on Layouts, starting from the basics and working up to more advanced layouts (including sliding menus, as show in the X post below).