Google+

RPG Maker Times Companion v3.7

 
RPG Maker Times Companion
 
Welcome to RPG Maker Times Companion
Welcome to the newly revamped RPG Maker Times Companion blog site (version 3.7). Additionally, I’ve been developing a child theme, which will allow for extra functions and features in the near future. This includes the various projects, scripts and resources I have planned.

Because life can be busy, please keep in mind this is a project and I don’t work on this full time, but as a hobby. It’s a growing project and hope you grow with my project so we can enjoy it in full when it’s complete.

Project Update: 11 April, 2014
The Gladiator Project blogsite is now live, having been revamped in tandem with the redevelopment of the project. The site’s layout and design is still being worked on, but that will come in time.
Project Update: 3 April, 2014
The project Paranormality: Darkling has been restarted. Since I bought RMVXA, I’ve been experimenting with it quite extensively and decided to use it for this project to take advantage of many of its additional features and functions.
Update: 31 March, 2014
The Windowskins section has been updated. More will be added over time, available for both RMXP and RMVX/VXA. I’m planning on converting the ones currently unavailable on the site as well.
Update: 13 February, 2014
As of today, the RPG Maker Times and RPG Maker Times Companion blogs have merged.

This will now be the official blog for RPG Maker Times and will no longer be a "companion" site. The original RPG Maker Times blog will remain, but it will be used mostly for any updates that appear here. (The title will remain the same to avoid confusion.)

I will be doing a lot of work on it over the next few weeks (on my days off from work), tweaking keywords/tags, posts and layouts, and updating any old posts with links that no longer work.

Update: 24 January, 2014
Several areas of the blogsite have been updated, including the RMVX Scripts. There are parts of the site that don’t match the continuity of the rest of the site, with regard to layout and colour scheme. I’m aware of this and will be fixing it at some point in the next few weeks.
Update: 23 January, 2014
I started reconfiguring the site and, after a lot of deliberation, decided that the scripts, tutorials, etc., will be hosted here, with the main RPG Maker Times Blog used as a launch platform for each. So I’ve begun the process of rebuilding the entire site accordingly. I’ve also reconfigured the tags and keywords to reflect the changes and to make it easier to find things on the site.
Update: 9 December, 2013
Sadly, there have been no updates since I started my new job. I work nights, from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. so spend 6-7 daylight hours sleeping. I’m hoping that things should settle down again after Christmas, when my work days go back to Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, leaving the rest of the week free to make updates.

This means that for now all RPG Maker projects and scripts, and the RPG Maker Times Companion and its blogsite haven’t been updated for a while.

The online store has also been put on temporary hold, despite its deadline looming. It has enough contents already that it can still open, but I’m hoping to put RPG Maker products and resource packages, as well as some commercial RMVX/RMVXA projects online as well.

Bear with me, things will get back to normal soon, when I can start writing articles, posts and resources for RPG Maker.

Before Version 3.7
RPG Maker Times Companion (this site) has been beset by problems since it was first conceived, from site deletion at its previous host to a corrupt database to loss of data.

But, after all that’s happened and, indeed, in spite of what’s happened, over the course of developing this blog, it’s still going. The long list of pitfalls along the way have only stiffened my resolve to continue working on it, creating and recreating it, until something prodigious rises from its ashes.

I believe that version 3.1 onwards is that phoenix, rising above the problems along the way and reincarnating into something greater. When the Database for the previous incarnation became so corrupted it was irreparable and unusable (with even the backups not working), the site was brought down completely. Rather than seeing it as a loss, however, I chose to view it as a challenge.

The blog can now be developed properly, taking into account all of the setbacks and mistakes made along the way, and focusing on one portion at a time. When it’s done, all of the RPG Maker materials, projects, resources and scripts/scriptlets I’ve done can finally be consolidated the way I’ve always envisioned it.

And it’ll go from strength to strength from that point on.

Leave a Reply